Many people today find it very difficult to know their shape of face but are really interested to while some ask why its necessary to know what shape they have. Your shape of face makes it easier for you to know what style of hair suits you or what haircut suits your face.
But how can you actually determine what shape your face is? It’s simple. First, arm yourself with a flexible tape measure. Then, take the following measurements, recording each as you go:
1. Forehead: Measure across your face from the peak of one eyebrow arch to the peak of the opposite arch.
2. Cheekbones: Measure across your cheekbones, starting and ending at the pointiest part below the outer corner of each eye.
3. Jawline: Measure from tip of your chin to below your ear at the point at which your jaw angles upwards. Multiply that number by two to get your jawline measurement.
4. Face Length: Measure from the centre of your hairline to the tip of your chin.
Once you’ve got these measurements, note which is the largest of the four, and then compare to the below profiles to see which best describes your face shape:
- Oval: Face length is greater than the width of the cheekbones, and forehead is greater than the jawline. The angle of the jaw is rounded rather than sharp.
- Square: All measurements are fairly similar. The angle of the jaw is sharp rather than rounded.
- Rectangle: Face length is the greatest measurement. Forehead, cheekbones, and jawline are similar in size.
- Round: Cheekbones and face length have a similar measurement. They are larger than forehead and jawline, which also have a similar measurement. The angle of the jaw is soft and much less defined.
- Diamond: Face length measures largest. Then, in descending order: cheekbones, forehead, and smallest is jawline. The chin is pointed.
- Heart: Forehead measures greater than the cheekbones and jawline. The chin is pointed.
- Triangular: Jawline measures greater than cheekbones, which measure larger than forehead.